[Standards] <[CDATA[ in XMPP

Andreas Monitzer jig at monitzer.com
Mon Jul 30 22:14:47 UTC 2007

On Jul 30, 2007, at 23:27, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:

> Andreas Monitzer wrote:
>> What's so innovative about writing yet another XML parser?
>
> For that matter, what's so innovative about writing yet another XMPP
> server or client? ;-)

Well, for one thing, there's a reason I'm coding for the client with
the largest established userbase on the Mac, instead of rolling my
own :).
However, UIs for IM clients can still do something the others haven't
done before, there's a lot of flexibility. Additionally, XMPP can be
used for chat systems embedded in other applications (MMORPG,
collaboration software, etc).

On the server side, I don't see much point in it though, maybe if you
believe you can do it better than anybody else (like, implementing
PEP properly).

andy