[Standards] <[CDATA[ in XMPP

Mickael Remond mickael.remond at process-one.net
Mon Jul 30 23:16:24 UTC 2007

Hello,

Regarding this discussion, it seems that the topic started about the use
of CDATA.
So, we are talking about way to escape characters in an XML stream. My
view is that all way to escape characters are good, especially when they
are defined in XML, cited in XMPP RFC and are simple to implement (and
implemented by all parsers I know).

I have tested the use of CDATA for example with Psi, Gajim and a few other
clients and all of them were fine.
As Peter said, it should probably be allowed if not explicitely forbidden.

My view is that it should be allowed as, as I understand it, it is just
one of the possible way to escape characters (and not the worst one).

--
Mickaël Rémond