[Standards] <[CDATA[ in XMPP

Alexander Gnauck gnauck at ag-software.de
Tue Jul 31 11:28:43 UTC 2007

Ralph Meijer schrieb:
> I am curious which software this holds for. Most XMPP implementations
> are based on expat, as far as I know. Sure they might have their own
> DOM's (my Twisted XMPP stuff does), but that is irrelevant for parsing.

There is many software which is using expat, but there is also lots of
software which has its own simple parsers.
* I have my own XML parser in many projects
* The Tigase and gloox have their own lightweight XML parsers
* Lots of mobile clients have their own parsers

Of course it may be possible to replace this parsers with feature
complete XML parsers or add CDATA to them if it doesnt exists already.
But there are reasons why the developers wrote their own parsers.

Today we talk about CDATA, hey but what is coming next?

Alex

Alex