[Standards] Jingle bootstrapping

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at jabber.org
Thu Mar 1 17:51:33 UTC 2007

Remko Tronçon wrote:
>> I will soon add examples for more Jingle actions but wanted to make the
>> first draft public for discussion purposes.
>
> Looks good to me! I know you're still going to add actions, but i'm
> going to throw in a first wishitem anyway (which you were probably
> going to add anyway): for tcp, i want there to be a public and a
> private subnet IP to connect on, and of course the description on what
> the client has to do: first try the public one? try both at once? what
> if one of them fails?

I wrote that document in a sleep-deprived state and now I wonder how
useful it is. Would it be better to use one of the defined transports
(e.g., "raw udp" and some kind of "direct tcp")? I don't think it makes
sense to have an "echo transport" since the transport is really either
UDP or TCP.

XMPP Standards Foundation