[Standards] Re: Jingle bootstrapping

Thiago Camargo thiago at jivesoftware.com
Mon Mar 5 11:54:20 UTC 2007

Our Proposal at Jive is to still using ICE bases, but without:

* Using TURN with SDP negotiation. In other words, we want to get the relay candidates from our XMPP server. (Because we want to negotiate with the client using XMPP.)
* Trying to get public address without STUN use when it's possible. (Because we prefer XMPP instead of other protocols.)
* Use UDP ECHO instead of STUN connectivity check. (Because UDP ECHO is pretty much easy to implement and very reliable.)

Regards,
Thiago