[Standards] Namespace Priority

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at jabber.org
Tue Mar 6 18:37:17 UTC 2007

Ian Paterson wrote:

[philosophical stuff removed for now...]

> There seems to be a real need. We've already got servers like Tigase
> implementing proprietary functionality. Shouldn't we at least
> standardise something? Why shouldn't we define a protocol (perhaps
> something like this:
> http://mail.jabber.org/pipermail/standards/2007-February/014000.html) to
> enable those applications that want to support specialized content routing?

Can't the server already figure that out based on RAP? It could use the
RAP info for routing stanzas sent the bare JID even in cases where the
contact does not receive the user's presence. But it's not clear how
that applies to IQs, if at all.

XMPP Standards Foundation