[Standards] Re: BOSH (was HTTP Binding) namespaces

Alexander Gnauck gnauck at ag-software.de
Tue Mar 6 19:30:04 UTC 2007

Ian Paterson schrieb:
> Alex Gnauck and Mridul have independantly pointed out the fact that all
> XEP-0124 implementations (including my own) do not add "jabber:client"
> namespace declarations to the stanzas they pass through (despite the
> fact that all the examples in XEP-0124 include the namespace). This is
> for a very good reason, since the connection manager is then able to
> forward everything transparently between the client and server. However
> the result does not conform with the schemas (or examples).

i was talking to several implementors in the last days and it looks like
they all have problems with the namespaces. As Ian pointed our there is
currently no codebase which works 100% correct.
We always try to be backwards compatible to not break existing software,
but i think in this special case we would have more benefit if we break
this rule and make it easier for the current implementations to fix the
problems (if the issues are in the protocol).

Alex