[Standards] XMPP vs. Jabber

Fletcher, Boyd C. CIV US USJFCOM JFL J9935 Boyd.Fletcher at je.jfcom.mil
Thu Mar 8 19:19:02 UTC 2007

i agree. There was alot confusion in the community when Jabber is used. Does it refer to Jabber Inc, the Jabber Software Foundation, the protocol, all of the above?  Its also trademarked which i believe is owned by Jabber Inc. This confusion was rightfully casuing frustration with the other XMPP vendors.

In the US GOV, we have made great strides at getting XMPP adopted and we go to great lengths to make sure the correct protocol name is used.