Friendly XMPP Branding (Re: [Standards] XMPP vs. Jabber)

Rachel Blackman rcb at ceruleanstudios.com
Thu Mar 8 23:42:38 UTC 2007

> I wonder...  can we come up with a better answer than XMPP?  XMPP
> is hard to
> say, hard to listen to, and not very informative by name alone.
>
> What about...

Everything else aside...

> XIM? (I kind of like this one, but I'd prefer the X not stand for
> XMPP)

...this just makes me envision an incompetent, megalomaniacal little
green alien invader as a spokesperson. ;)

<message to='tallest at flagship.irken.et/red'
from='zim at earth.outpost.irken.et/moose'>
       I... ZIM! ...have mastered this technology the filthy humans
call 'instant messaging' and have subjegated it for our glorious
ends, my Tallest!  MWAHAHAHAHAH!
</message>

(Oh, come on, I wasn't the only one thinking it!)

Seriously, all Jhonen Vasquez references aside, renaming the system
yet again is not going to do anything to clarify the situation, I
don't think.