[Standards] Entity Capabilities Woes

Daniel Henninger jadestorm at nc.rr.com
Thu Mar 15 14:03:52 UTC 2007

Hrm.  Thanks Remko!  That's very helpful!  Is the intention of this
XEP to do away with "just announcing your capabilities via disco"?
Like should I expect to no longer get useful results from a standard
disco info query?  Is the client expected to duplicate the fact that
it supports muc both in the capabilities node and in it's ... "base"
node?  Or is it something that I would really need to do something like:

--> Got Presence of person I haven't seen before
  does it have capabilities?
  Yes?  Do a capabilities disco inquiry
  No?  Do a standard disco inquiry

It is a tad tidier to have them glomped together into one node I guess.

Daniel