[Standards] Re: About stream namespaces

Alexander Gnauck gnauck at ag-software.de
Fri Mar 16 18:49:28 UTC 2007

Rachel Blackman schrieb:
> Just as a data point that, no, changing the protocol to your method, to
> allow/want qualified elements and xmlns everywhere does not make
> implementation universally easier.  :)

on the client side it's very easy. You can have a full namespace correct
parser with only 10 additional lines of code.

But it gets very complicated if you include them in your DOM and on the
server. Imagine if you have to route XML and both streams have different
prefixes. You need a full blown parser here.

There are also big debates from different XML experts about the sense of
namespaces. I had some interesting links but i lost them :(

Alex