[Standards] certification etc.

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at jabber.org
Fri Mar 16 20:24:00 UTC 2007

So kicking off discussion of some particulars ...

> XEP-0073: Basic IM Protocol Suite
>           http://www.xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0073.html

Basic seems fine to me now. But we'll need to think about how Basic
interacts with the RFC revisions, which won't be published by the end of
June.

> XEP-0117: Intermediate IM Protocol Suite
>           http://www.xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0117.html

I don't think file transfer belongs in Intermediate -- I think we need
to define a Media suite instead. But I do think Intermediate needs to
include chat state notifications (XEP-0085). Also we moved entity
capabilities to Basic so that needs to be removed from Intermediate.
Perhaps also add message threads (XEP-0201)? Message archiving
(XEP-0136)? Do we need an Advanced suite also?

> We could have more such documents --  extended presence suite via update
> to XEP-0119 (=PEP+payloads),

I'm happy to bring back XEP-0119.

> media suite (file transfer, Jingle, etc.),

A Media suite seems like a good idea, once we get Jingle and file
transfer settled...

> security suite.

I started on the Security suite but more work is required:

http://www.xmpp.org/extensions/inbox/secsuite.html

XMPP Standards Foundation