[Standards] Re: Feedback on I/O Object Forms

Alexander Gnauck gnauck at ag-software.de
Fri Mar 16 21:15:49 UTC 2007

Chris Mullins schrieb:
> I don’t understand how this differs from an X-Data Form. The author
> keeps saying that X-Data won’t do the trick, but either I’m missing
> something or the author is missing something. I don’t understand why,
> during discover, the service wouldn’t send back a data form (this is the
> required argument list):

my understanding of the XEP is that they also want to route existing XML
data structures without converting them back and forth to/from xdata.
They also have some complex data structures which will not fit into
xdata forms. I think it would be easier if there is a real world example
which we can understand without having a diploma in medicine or biology.

Alex