[Standards] Re: About stream namespaces

Richard Dobson richard at dobson-i.net
Sat Mar 17 20:17:06 UTC 2007

Carlo v. Loesch wrote:
> also i didn't plan to start a discussion.
> what's so much to be discussed about facts?

Oh please lets not start this argument again, you didn't succeed last
time and I fail to see how you will this time, just let it drop this is
how XMPP/Jabber works so deal with it, it may not be completely optimal
with regards to bandwidth or CPU use but it works perfectly fine and is
widely used and deployed, these days the CPU issue is pretty much moot
with today's processors, and with regards to bandwidth, that's cheap
too, we have far better things to spend our time on than making
fundamental changes just to save a few bytes/cpu cycles here and there,
lets just get on with improving our functionality and the things the end
users actually care about.