[Standards] Re: About stream namespaces

Daniel Noll daniel at noll.id.au
Sun Mar 18 00:56:46 UTC 2007

On Sunday 18 March 2007 03:46, Carlo v. Loesch wrote:
> Alexander Gnauck typeth:
> | why do you use our technology if it's that bad?
>
> why do you use the telephone if you have jingle?

Probably because some people don't have Jingle clients yet, and the telco
won't offer us VOIP plans where we can gateway from Jingle instead of SIP.

> irc already went that same path, and look were it got.. a thousand
> scattered subnets.

IRC failed precisely *because* it doesn't globally federate.  They never tried
to (mainly due to politics; admins on one network didn't like admins on
another network, which is somewhat important for harmony of an IRC network.)

Daniel