[Standards] Entity Capabilities Woes

Andrew Plotkin erkyrath at eblong.com
Sun Mar 18 18:05:12 UTC 2007

On Thu, 15 Mar 2007, Remko Tronçon wrote:

>> Unless one of the original authors volunteer, I might have a try at
>> adding some clarifications to the XEP (if I can, I haven't read the
>> XEP in a while now).
>
> I quickly threw an 'Intuition' section together, which I would put
> before the exact protocol details.
>     http://el-tramo.be/files/xmpp/caps_intuition.txt
> I'm not sure if it actually clarifies anything :-)

It does. Thanks.

(I am another person whose jabber client code has been using caps wrong
for a year, because I didn't understand the spec.)

--Z

*
If the Bush administration hasn't thrown you in military prison without trial,
it's for one reason: they don't feel like it. Not because you're an American.