[Standards] Entity Capabilities Woes

Tomasz Sterna tomek at xiaoka.com
Mon Mar 19 09:20:45 UTC 2007

Dnia 17-03-2007, sob o godzinie 20:19 +1100, Daniel Noll napisał(a):
> If you're going to keep the meaning of an ext string over multiple versions of
> one application, you might as well share it across all applications and save
> even more space in the cache.  Or at least that's how it seems from here.

This is true.
But we do prefer self-managing solutions than human managed solutions.
The way it is designed now, we do not need human managed and
synchronized registry - it is created on-the-fly by clients.
As experience shows, we're better in developing than managing. ;-)

> It's true that we might have namespacing issues when two people invent a
> custom extension at the same time, but we already have that problem right now
> if two people develop a plugin for the same client and happen to name their
> ext string the same.

The client shouldn't allow loading two plugins that want to register the
same ext. This will force plugin authors to resolve the conflict. :-)

--
Tomasz Sterna
Xiaoka Grp.  http://www.xiaoka.com/