[Standards] Client Acknowledgement of Subscription State Change Notifications

Ralph Meijer jabber.org at ralphm.ik.nu
Mon Mar 19 14:21:18 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-03-06 at 13:50 +0100, Jacek Konieczny wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 04, 2007 at 09:28:08PM +0000, Ian Paterson wrote:
> > The acknowledgement of subscription requests is clearly necessary, but
> > can anyone please tell me why servers are permitted (but not encouraged)
> > to insist on acknowledgements for the other three notifications?
>
> So no information is lost and the user will always be informed (if he
> likes to) about subscription state changes.

It seems to me that no information is lost since the roster reflects the
actual situation?

Like Ian, I have always found it weird that 'unsubscribed' and
'subscribed' have grown acks/denies in XMPP. I know that jabberd 2
implements this 'feature' and it seriously messed up some clients so I
had do disable it with a patch.

--
Groetjes,

ralphm