[Standards] certification etc.

Stephen Pendleton pendleto at movsoftware.com
Tue Mar 20 14:52:23 UTC 2007

Stream compression for clients or servers? I just want to throw in an
opinion that we don't want to load too many requirements or recommendations
into the "Basic IM" suite since mobile clients really don't need (or can't
handle due to environmental constraints) lots of features. I think
compression is a nice to have feature, but not a basic one.

I think the current list in XEP-0073 is reasonable though as long as
"recommended" doesn't become "required in order to get a link on xmpp.com".