[Standards] certification etc.

Matthias Wimmer m at tthias.eu
Wed Mar 21 00:57:20 UTC 2007

Fletcher, Boyd C. CIV US USJFCOM JFL J9935 schrieb:
> Unless you are running over low bandwidth communications like SATCOM or
> Cellular Modems. We use lots of high latency low b/w communications links.
> TLS does not work well in those environments which is why we use straight
> ZLIB and are looking at supporting efficient XML.

Sure there are valid applications for XEP stream compression.

But I don't think that just because something as an application does not
need that it gets added to the basic IM suite. IMO there should be only
the smallest set of protocols we think they have to be supported in any
case. If we add to many protocols to the basic IM suite it will result,
the importance of this list gets lost.

I'd propose that on the basic IM suite we add the protocol we consider
to be a must of any implementation. On the intermediate IM suite we
should add the protocols we consider to be a should implement.

Matthias