[Standards] certification etc.

Stephen Pendleton pendleto at movsoftware.com
Wed Mar 21 17:29:57 UTC 2007

Sorry, I guess I wasn't clear. I meant that Basic would mean that XMPP CORE,
XMPP IM, and Service Discovery MUST be implemented. My comment about moving
the recommended items up a tier meant that for example the RECOMMENDED items
on the Basic level get removed from the Basic level become REQUIRED elements
on the Intermediate level. That means that for each level there are only
required items, not both recommended and required items.

So Basic 2008 would be:
RFC 3920: XMPP Core REQUIRED
RFC 3921: XMPP IM REQUIRED
XEP-0030: Service Discovery REQUIRED
XEP-0115: Entity Capabilities REQUIRED for clients

And Intermediate 2008 would be:
Everything in Basic 2008 AND
XEP-0077: In-Band Registration REQUIRED
XEP-0078: Non-SASL Authentication REQUIRED for servers; NOT RECOMMENDED for
clients
XEP-0086: Error Condition Mappings REQUIRED
XEP-0073: Basic IM Protocol Suite REQUIRED
Multi-User Chat REQUIRED
XHTML-IM  REQUIRED
File Transfer  REQUIRED

I hope I haven't just confused things.