[Standards] certification etc.

Maciek Niedzielski machekku at uaznia.net
Thu Mar 22 14:38:48 UTC 2007

Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
> Remko Tronçon wrote:
>>> And Intermediate 2008 would be:
>>> Everything in Basic 2008 AND
>>> XEP-0077: In-Band Registration REQUIRED
>>> XEP-0078: Non-SASL Authentication REQUIRED for servers; NOT
>>> RECOMMENDED for
>>> clients
>>
>> The NOT RECOMMENDED can be dropped?
>
> Ian Paterson has pointed out before that non-SASL authentication is
> quite a useful protocol, in that it enables coders to quickly connect to
> a server for testing purposes (wow, I'm connected, XMPP is easy, now I
> can figure out how this SASL stuff works).

It's not so easy as you may think ;)

It happened to me twice already. Someone starting a new client (no,
let's don't start with "why would he write new client") wrote to me
asking for help with connecting. They couldn't understand why does their
server reply with <stream:features> when they send jabber:iq:auth request ;)

--
Maciek Niedzielski
 Psi developer, XSF member
 xmpp:machekku at uaznia.net