[Standards] pubsub/pep auto-creation

Pedro Melo melo at simplicidade.org
Thu Mar 22 17:59:38 UTC 2007

Hi,

On Mar 22, 2007, at 5:40 PM, Ralph Meijer wrote:

> Right. So as we seem to agree that PEP should cater simple use
> cases, I
> don't see how node configurations should change potentially every time
> there is going to be a new item being published.

That's not the point. It's not a question of changing configurations
per item published. It is a question of making sure the configuration
is correct when you publish something.

I want my Tunes to be only visible to my roster. The lowest-number-of-
stanzas way to do it is to just send the configuration on every
publish. Because the alternative is to query the node and check the
configuration before each publish. More stanzas, and open to race
conditions with other resources.

Best regards,
--
Pedro Melo