[Standards] Client Acknowledgement of Subscription State Change Notifications

Joe Hildebrand hildjj at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 22:36:33 UTC 2007

If we do, I'd like to make sure that if clients continue to send the
acks, they are no-ops.

If we still want the functionality, I can imagine a couple of new
presence types that were explicitly acks; of course the server would
have to declare support for them somehow.  As well, it would be cool
if clients that didn't know about the new presence types a) didn't
receive them and b) didn't have to send acks to turn off the
notifications.

Maybe a stream feature, and an IQ to turn it on?