[Standards] pubsub/pep auto-creation

Pedro Melo melo at simplicidade.org
Fri Mar 23 17:27:46 UTC 2007

Hi,

On Mar 23, 2007, at 4:51 PM, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
> interact with the PEP service so I don't understand why the config
> would change all the time. And storing the preference in iq:private
> seems really silly to me, because the PEP service itself already
> has a way to store the preference -- it's called the node
> configuration!

It is silly. We do it until we have PEP. But I see your point. When I
mentioned jabber:iq:private earlier I was in a different mindset and
you are of course right: node config is stored in the node.

> Configure once, publish from everywhere. Seems pretty simple to me.
> What am I missing?!?!

I think people who write each client  don't want to trust the other
clients, basically.

That's the way I see it.

What I don't see is the problem, apart from extra bandwith, with
publish+configure.

Best regards,
--
Pedro Melo