[Standards] pubsub/pep auto-creation

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at jabber.org
Mon Mar 26 21:40:04 UTC 2007

Kevin Smith wrote:
> On 24 Mar 2007, at 13:20, Ian Paterson wrote:
>>> I still think publish+configure makes things simpler, as it means a
>>> PEP publish stanza is sort of 'fire and forget,' no need to do
>>> multiple exchanges with the server, so I'm still in the pro camp there.
>>
>> Yes, it seems we have a consensus of all (client) developers bar one.
>> Although he is one of the PEP authors, and probably neither camp is
>> "wrong" ;-)
>
> Me? I'm heavily in favour of publish+configure (and create on publish).

Heh.

Well, I'm not a client author, I'm just the documentation guy. :)

As pgm used to say, this is not a hill for me to die on. I am willing to
bow to consensus. It's just that sometimes the consensus is rougher than
others... ;-)

This issue will be on the agenda for the next Council meeting (to be
held this Wednesday) and hopefully at that time we can settle it and
move on...

XMPP Standards Foundation