[Standards] certification etc.

Fletcher, Boyd C. CIV US USJFCOM JFL J9935 Boyd.Fletcher at je.jfcom.mil
Wed Mar 28 03:56:29 UTC 2007

1) we did some calculations and testing a year or two ago. but we didn't do a report.

2) why would that be a vote for TLS compression?  Efficent XML is better than TLS compression and ZLIB. I'm hoping to add Efficient XML to the XEP for stream compression onces its officially adopted by w3.org (which will be this year). Yes XMPP data was provided to w3.org for testing.

3) we do already ;)

4) agree further discussion is needed but i haven't heard any technical arguments on why stream compression should not be required for clients.

boyd