[Standards] Re: Inband Images

Adam Nemeth aadaam at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 18:33:30 UTC 2007

Hi all,

I think I was the one stpeter referenced about ;)

Short intro: I'm Adam Nemeth, developer from Hungary, doing research
on social softwares at BUTE MOKK (mokk.bme.hu), also doing my
information engineer MSc-like (Hungarian higher education is
different).

I'm writing a university paper about MSN custom emoticon handling in
jabber - I know, I know, MSN is propiertary etc, but teens doesn't use
anything other in Hungary only _because_ nothing else handles this. If
needed we had social research papers somewhere about this.

You can look at my proposal on:
https://wiki.sch.bme.hu/bin/view/_Munka/JabberCustomSmileys

Now T-Online will introduce jabber in their webmail for 3 million
users at the end of this month. The internet penetration is about 42%,
which means, practically anyone in Hungary will have at least one
jabber address. This is worth to work on it.

What we need:
   - Full, "transparent" support of MSN gateways with all of these
nifty features
   - A good client with good speed and minimal resource consumption for windows
   - Possibly a webclient which can do the same.

You can reach me at this e-mail/jabber address obviously.

--
Aadaam <aadaam at gmail.com>