[Standards] Proposed XMPP Extension: Metacontacts

Kevin Smith kevin at kismith.co.uk
Wed Mar 28 20:43:24 UTC 2007

On 28 Mar 2007, at 21:33, Ian Paterson wrote:
> Yes, this XEP should be written on top of PEP.

I agree entirely. As soon as PEP is usable for this, I intend
updating the XEP. However, in the mean time it seems a shame to hold
the features back, so we put out the iq:private version. This is
already out in the wild (Gajim use this scheme) so it seems a shame
to possibly diverge implementations based on iq:private, which would
later lead to diverged private PEP implementations.

/K
--
Kevin Smith
Psi XMPP client project leader - http://psi-im.org