[Standards] certification etc.

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at jabber.org
Thu Mar 29 01:17:25 UTC 2007

Fletcher, Boyd C. CIV US USJFCOM JFL J9935 wrote:
> as long as the servers are required to have stream compression (for
> C2S an S2S connections) then i suppose that is good enough.

It feels to me like it would either be recommended in "XMPP Basic Server
2008" or required in "XMPP Intermediate Server 2008".

And naturally if we're going to require support for XEP-0138, we also
need to specify which compression methods from the registry will be
mandatory-to-implement. IMHO zlib is a good baseline since it is a
mature technology. The "Efficient XML" spec still needs to be published
(I don't see it at the W3C site yet) and then implemented, so it might
be appropriate for certification in 2009 or 2010.

http://www.w3.org/XML/EXI/ may be more appropriate.

> its really quite good which is why the w3.org chose it.

Well there's a non-sequitur. :)

/psa