[Standards] certification etc.

Kevin Smith kevin at kismith.co.uk
Thu Mar 29 10:02:14 UTC 2007

On 29 Mar 2007, at 02:17, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
> It feels to me like it would either be recommended in "XMPP Basic
> Server 2008" or required in "XMPP Intermediate Server 2008".

I don't think it's really worth having recommendeds in the certified
protocol suites, because they don't mean anything - these
certifications are useful for determining what features a system
supports. If you look at a client which says "Implements Client 2008
Basic", and Client 2008 Basic recommends XEP-76, you have no idea if
the client supports it or not - so what have you gained?

/K

--
Kevin Smith
Psi XMPP Client Project Leader (http://psi-im.org)