[Standards] Proposed XMPP Extension: Metacontacts

Pedro Melo melo at simplicidade.org
Thu Mar 29 15:17:38 UTC 2007

Hi,

On Mar 29, 2007, at 12:00 PM, Mridul wrote:

> I am not very sure if we have to adapt everything to PEP (which
> seems to
> be the direction most specs are taking nowadays).
> Keeping simple things simple really helps, and since xep 49 already
> exists, why do we want to invent private settings on top of pep ?

Because it makes it trivial to keep several resources in sync.

Something that is not possible with xep 49, given that it lacks
notification.

> It is like using muc for 1 to 1 chat.

No it's not :)

But I like that analogy. Question: would it work using MUC for chat?
So what is the problem of using a protocol for other things than
those the original authors had in mind?

Best regards,
--
Pedro Melo