[Standards] Proposed XMPP Extension: Metacontacts

Pedro Melo melo at simplicidade.org
Thu Mar 29 15:20:27 UTC 2007

Hi,

On Mar 29, 2007, at 4:35 PM, Mridul wrote:
> Ian Paterson wrote:
>> PEP also gives us a registry of well known nodes.
>
> private data is going to be specific to a application in most cases.

That's no longer true with recent protocols like multi-contacts, right?

> So I am not sure why we would need this ...
> Typically pref's for gaim would not be useful for sun im
> client/exodus/psi/etc.
> The data which is going to be reusable is already standardized (or
> could
> be) like bookmarks, etc.

And bookmarks should be private right? and probably would be great to
keep them in sync? That's why we see PEP as a replacement for
jabber:iq:private.

And also because the alternative is to build
jabber:iq:private:with:notif that in the end will be a subset of PEP...

Best regards,
--
Pedro Melo
Jabber ID: melo at simplicidade.org