[Standards] RFC 3920, 10.2/10.3: subdomain routing rules

Tony Finch dot at dotat.at
Thu Mar 29 15:52:34 UTC 2007

On Thu, 29 Mar 2007, Matthias Wimmer wrote:
> Tony Finch schrieb:
> > Presumably if you can't verify their certificate when connecting to them,
> > you reject the SASL EXTERNAL when they connect to you.
>
> Sorry ... but have you read what we are talking about?
>
> BTW: you do not even offer SASL EXTERNAL if you could not authenticate the
> connecting peer externally.

Er, yes, I forgot about that. I was trying to make the point that if you
can't authenticate them when you are making the connection then you won't
be able to authenticate them when they are making the connection either,
and I mistakenly thought the latter would be fatal.

Tony.
SOUTHEAST ICELAND: WEST BACKING SOUTHWEST 4 OR 5, OCCASIONALLY 6, DECREASING 3
FOR A TIME. SLIGHT OR MODERATE. FAIR. GOOD.