[Standards] certification etc.

Boyd Fletcher boyd.fletcher at je.jfcom.mil
Thu Mar 29 17:35:06 UTC 2007

Hi Mathias.

We actually implement servers in those environments as well. We are putting
them in the backs of ruggedized SUVs and aboard ship and  they connect to
other servers and clients via high frequency radio links or SATCOM. stream
compression for S2S is just as important to use as C2S.

But we also work with people who are installing servers in austere
non-mobile locations (like villages and towns in africa and asia) for more
efficient local communications similar to how their email servers are local
but can connect globally. using s2s with stream compression to communicate
externally resulted in a noticeable reduction in network b/w utilization.

boyd