[Standards] Re: MUC bookmarks

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at jabber.org
Fri Mar 30 00:57:13 UTC 2007

Lukáš 'Spike' Polívka wrote:

> Just a thought -- how do you save preferred nickname or room password
> (both are possible with current iq:private, AFAIK)?

IMHO most people will have a preferred roomnick across all rooms. Sure,
I might want to be "psa" in the jdev room and "stpeter" in the Psi room
and "MaineBoy" in the americanculture room and "ModerateAnarchist" in
the politics room and so on, but I don't see that as very likely for the
average user.

> There might be
> other desired per-room config options.

Again, possible, but I see that as unlikely. Are you thinking about
passwords? Anything else?

> What about rooms without
> auto-join? You would not give them authorization? (Such room would not
> get your presence and it would not send you the invitation in the
> effect...)

Probably you would not give authorization to such rooms, but a client
could decide how to handle that.

XMPP Standards Foundation