[Standards] Client certification: E2E

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at jabber.org
Fri Mar 30 01:07:07 UTC 2007

Fletcher, Boyd C. CIV US USJFCOM JFL J9935 wrote:
> What about using the w3.org's specs for xml encryption and digital signing?

We recently discussed (and rejected) that option on the Security list as
well as in last week's e2e groupchat meeting:

http://mail.jabber.org/pipermail/standards/2007-March/014380.html

> We have been using both very successfully for years over xmpp.

Feel free to submit a proposal for consideration as a XEP. To date, no
one has submitted a proposal regarding xmlenc/xmldsig, so it has not
been taken seriously as an option. We are an open standards
organization, but we can't really have a productive discussion about
approaches that are not submitted for consideration in the form of a
proposed specification.

XMPP Standards Foundation