[Standards] publish+configure again

Remko Tronçon remko at el-tramo.be
Fri Mar 30 07:52:47 UTC 2007

> * If we decide to add p+c, will it be required to implement?

Yes.

> * Will the regular node creation flow and configuration still be in PEP?

If by 'in PEP', you mean 'be available', I don't see why not?

> * Client authors: would you implement that flow, too?

I would say: no. Creating and configuring nodes is useless unless you
are publishing an item at that time.

> Just like Magnus is saying, I think for most non-private-storage use
> cases for PEP, you would almost never need/want to change the
> configuration of a node after it has been created.
> * Client authors: would you send configuration forms every publish
>   request?

AFAIK, PEP doesn't define a default configuration. If the default
configuration would be guaranteed to be 'presence' by a MUST, then I
would expect clients to only send 'p+c' if they are publishing
something like iq:private. However, there is no such MUST, so yes, we
will always send it.

cheers,
Remko