[Standards] Link-Lokal Messaging and PEP?

Olivier Goffart ogoffart at kde.org
Fri Mar 30 11:07:46 UTC 2007

Le vendredi 30 mars 2007, Andreas Monitzer a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> How should PEP-using protocols be handled when using XEP-0174 (link-
> local messaging)? I'm working on getting gaim and Adium to move to
> real XMPP via zeroconf. It'd be a shame if we couldn't use all those
> nice new extensions that depend on PEP, like user chatting, user tune
> and user gaming...

Since there is no server, it's the responsibility of the client to send the
message with the <event/> to all contact.

That seems very sipmle to me, and should probably be a part of the XEP-0174

(taken from example 19 of xep-163  with jid of the xep-174)

<message from='stpeter at roundabout'
         to='hildjj at wolfram'
         type='headline'
         id='foo'>
  <event xmlns='http://jabber.org/protocol/pubsub#event'>
    <items node='http://jabber.org/protocol/tune'>
      <item>
        <tune xmlns='http://jabber.org/protocol/tune'>
          <artist>Gerald Finzi</artist>
          <title>Introduction (Allegro vigoroso)</title>
          <source>Music for "Love's Labors Lost" (Suite for small
orchestra)</source>
          <track>1</track>
          <length>255</length>
        </tune>