[Standards] publish+configure again

Ralph Meijer jabber.org at ralphm.ik.nu
Fri Mar 30 14:05:40 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-03-30 at 15:40 +0200, Remko Tronçon wrote:
> > it worked, it will still work.
>
> Conversely, if someone breaks it, it will never work again (because no
> client will ever provide the possibility to
> delete/create/configure/reconfigure nodes).
>
> Anyway, I think we discussed the matter to death by now, and I don't
> feel like reading all the pros and cons all over again.

Remko,

I think this is really a very rigid stance. Some people (even other than
me) have tried to point out reasons why p+c might not be a good idea. In
this very thread, new concerns have been raised that weren't in others.
In this case I think there is more than one way to solve the issues
brought forward, and some people have come up with alternative
approaches.

I can imagine you want to reach a common ground here, as do I, but it
would help if we tried to see eachother's point of view. Saying that
*no* client will *ever* provide some functionality seems premature.

--
Groetjes,

ralphm