[Standards] Link-Lokal Messaging and PEP?

Robert McQueen robert.mcqueen at collabora.co.uk
Fri Mar 30 14:56:28 UTC 2007

Sjoerd Simons wrote:
> For publishing stuff to your contacts, it seems much more natural to me to
> DNS-SD. Which is much more efficient in spreading knowledge in the network.
> Can't give you an easy answer on how to convert PEP nodes to TXT record
> or maybe if we should even use one service per PEP node, although that feels
> like a hack (Announce a service purely for information).

Surely the most direct mapping of PEP to llXMPP is to provide a mapping
of entity capabilities into mDNS records (by analogue to <c> nodes in
<presence>)? Then discoing/caching proceeds as normal, and other
PEP-using clients know who to notify about updated PEP nodes based on
the existence of the XMLNS+notify capability, in the same way that
servers behave with PEP.

>   Sjoerd

Regards,
Rob