[Standards] s2s and gracelessly broken streams

Tomasz Sterna tomek at xiaoka.com
Fri Mar 30 14:56:33 UTC 2007

Dnia 27-03-2007, wto o godzinie 20:55 -0700, Justin Karneges napisał(a):
> The best solution, as far as I can tell, would be for the server to
> perform presence probes on a periodic basis, rather than only on
> client login.

We could "probe" the whole server.
If we could establish a s2s connection again - we back up and leave
everything as is.
If the server is dead/unreachable we send presence offline to our
clients that have online contacts from this server.

It's not bulletproof solution, but I think good enough solution.

--
Tomasz Sterna
Xiaoka Grp.  http://www.xiaoka.com/