[Standards] publish+configure again

Maciek Niedzielski machekku at uaznia.net
Fri Mar 30 15:41:14 UTC 2007

Pedro Melo wrote:
>> Item is not broadcasted only when publishing. The last item is saved and
>> sent again when - for example - new subscriber becomes online.
>> Now, if node configuration is changed after publishing (just changed, by
>> using normal node configuration use case, not by p+c), and then someone
>> in your roster becomes online, PEP service will send the last item to it
>> if new configuration allows it, even if configuration at the moment of
>> publishing did not. At least this is how I understand it. So as long as
>> it is possible to configure a node without publishing new item that
>> replaces old one, p+c won't work.
>
> I'm used to other systems of pubsub in which the item behaves with the
> configuration at the time of publishing. And it seems that PEP is
> clearly not like that, hence my difficulties.
>
> Thanks for the clarification, I'll see what this fact does for my client.

Please note "At least this is how I understand it". I'm not PubSub
expert, but I think this is how it works. However, I think that if
misunderstood, someone from this the huge group of people wanting to
kill all my arguments would have already corrected me ;)

--
Maciek Niedzielski
 Psi developer, XSF member
 xmpp:machekku at uaznia.net