[Standards] Jingle-SIP mapping spec

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at jabber.org
Thu May 3 15:43:12 UTC 2007

Ganesha Duggirala wrote:

> I'm looking at the Jingle-SIP gateway development and any useful tips on
> the Jingle-SIP mapping would be very helpful.

I've been planning to write a Jingle-to-SIP mapping spec after the
Jingle XEPs advance to Draft (which I hope will be real soon now, I've
been poking implementors in the background to get their feedback). I
will probably write this as an Internet-Draft, similar to the I-D on
mapping IM and presence between XMPP and SIP:

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-saintandre-xmpp-simple

There are SDP mappings in XEP-0167 and XEP-0180, but the I-D will define
mappings for the core signalling interactions.

Stay tuned. :)

XMPP Standards Foundation