[Standards] NEW: XEP-0209 (Metacontacts)

Olivier Goffart ogoffart at kde.org
Sat May 5 07:39:39 UTC 2007

Hello.

I was thinking about that metacontact spec.

What about multi-protocols clients ?
Where should they store metacontact info about legacy accounts ?

I say that because metacontacts are specially usefull for multi-protocols
client,   and the XEP doesn't allow to group contact from different protocols
into metacontacts.

Anyway, I have no good idea to solve that problem.
maybe
<extern protocol="msn" contactid="mike at msn.com" tag="3F35F323" />
but we will have synchronisations problems et all

The correct solution would be to store that directly on the legacy server, but
not all protocols allows to store private info. (or maybe using hacks i don't
know)
In this case, the XEP could suggest how to store and retrieve metacontact
information for others protocols

--
Olivier