[Standards] UPDATED: XEP-0199 (XMPP Ping)

Mridul Muralidharan mridul at sun.com
Tue May 8 19:05:49 UTC 2007

XMPP Extensions Editor wrote:
> Version 0.3 of XEP-0199 (XMPP Ping) has been released.
>
> Abstract: This document defines an XMPP protocol extension for sending pings over XML streams.
>
> Changelog: Added use case for client pinging server; changed namespace to conform to XMPP Registrar requirements, with namespace to be issued upon advancement to Draft; added section on discovering support. (psa)
>
> CVS Diff: [currently unavailable]

IIRC, the bis spec was modified to allow for entities to send presence
probes : it used to be only server who could do that.
With xmpp ping xep, can we remove that requirement and go back to
3920/3921 behavior ?

Regards,
Mridul

PS : Hopefully I am not horribly outdated with the rapid changes
happening to specs.