[Standards] querying for random services

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at jabber.org
Tue May 8 20:08:25 UTC 2007

Mridul Muralidharan wrote:

> We do something similar for case of searching for conferences.
> You send a query with the filter in an x-data form

So you send something like this?

<iq type='get' from='bard at shakespeare.lit/globe' to='shakespeare.lit'
id='gotstun'>
   <query xmlns='http://jabber.org/protocol/disco#items'>
     <x xmlns='jabber:x:data' type='submit'>
       <field var='FORM_TYPE' type='hidden'>
         <value>urn:xmpp:discorequest:server:stun</value>
       </field>
     </x>
   </query>
</iq>

>  (used to be in the
> node for the disco#items, but some servers were barfing on that)

Could you define "barfing" a little more precisely? ;-)

> and
> response would be a list of disco info's with jid of the item as an
> attribute.

I think the response to the above would be what I posted before...

>> <iq type='result' from='shakespeare.lit'
>> to='bard at shakespeare.lit/globe' id='gotstun'>
>>   <query xmlns='http://jabber.org/protocol/disco#items'>
>>     <item jid='not-sure-what-the-jid-is!'>
>>       <x xmlns='jabber:x:data' type='result'>