[Standards] Re: compliance levels for 2008

Daniel Noll daniel at noll.id.au
Fri May 11 06:01:22 UTC 2007

>> So what if it can be federated out? so can lots of other server
>> features.
>> The point if you are going to have a requirement for intermediate
>> clients to
>> support MUC then you need you have a requirement that intermediate
>> servers
>> support MUC.
>
> Intermediate Server 2008 does mandate that they support MUC, in the same
> way that it mandates that said Servers support the other features of
> Intermediate Client 2008.  Only look at the routing information, attempt
> to deliver the stanza if it's within acceptable limits, and return an
> error if one or more of these conditions could not be met.

Wait, I thought MUC was usually a component rather than a feature of the
server itself (with the exception of a couple of servers which bundle that
module with the server itself.)  It wouldn't really make sense to require
the server software itself to support it, except to say that it shouldn't
do anything to prevent a component being written.

Daniel

 Jabber: daniel at noll.id.au
  Email: daniel at noll.id.au
    Web: http://noll.id.au/daniel/