[Standards] Re: compliance levels for 2008

Boyd Fletcher boyd.fletcher at je.jfcom.mil
Fri May 11 16:26:47 UTC 2007

So what if it can be federated out? so can lots of other server features.
The point if you are going to have a requirement for intermediate clients to
support MUC then you need you have a requirement that intermediate servers
support MUC. Whether it implements MUC directly in the server code, in a
component, in a separate server behind the main XMPP router are all
irrelevant from the perspective of the users.

I think it is completely reasonable that any person purchasing or
downloading an XMPP solution should expect a basic client and basic server
are functionally comparable and they would rightly assume that an
intermediate server and intermediate client are functionally comparable. If
user can¹t make that type of reasonable assumption then the compliance level
stuff is worthless from the perspective of a customer.

boyd