[Standards] UPDATED: XEP-0213 (XMPP Intermediate IM Client 2008)

Kevin Smith kevin at kismith.co.uk
Sun May 13 11:36:35 UTC 2007

On 11 May 2007, at 23:57, XMPP Extensions Editor wrote:
> Version 0.2 of XEP-0213 (XMPP Intermediate IM Client 2008) has been
> released.

I don't really think we need XHTML-IM in here. I think it's
unnecessarily limiting the types of clients which can be certified.
Unlike the other features here, you don't lose any functionality if
your client doesn't support it, as you can always parse the plain-
text body. Maybe for a rich media profile this would be appropriate
(well, definitely it would), but I'm not convinced for intermediate
clients.

/K

--
Kevin Smith